Sunday, 8 March 2009

Not today..... Boooooooo!

The winter blues have fully set in for me here at the moment. With little on my 'to-do' list at the moment, today would have been the perfect day to get out and wet a line. Until the weather turned that was... The strong winds today, combined with fairly heavy seas scuppered my plans. I could see from the house that it'd be pointless me trying to fish today, so rods stayed by the door and I layered up and headed out for some fresh air.

Within 5 minutes I had pretty much convinced myself that this was definitely the coldest day the Earth has EVER whitnessed! While officially this may not have been true, the wind was bitingly cold and I did, just for a second, contemplate turning around to perch myself back in front of the TV!

Plan B - take some photos - was also quickly rumbled when I discovering that my camera batteries were flat. Still, I did get some very much less artistic shots on my phone, just because I could.


The pictures don't do it justice but it was pretty savage out there! The waves were much bigger than they look here and the noise was immense!

To compensate for the lack of fishing, as soon as I got back to the warmth of home, a few friends suggest we give the pub a visit. Couldn't say no really....

No comments:

Post a Comment